Trailer build up

Show us your build up, project, or make us jealous and show us your shed!!

Trailer build up

Postby imported_Taziiy » Sun May 07, 2006 4:46 pm

Ok i might start one of my own it will be a very slow build as its only when there is some spare money or i get some freebies that work will be done on it .

Scored the trailer about 18 months ago as the old owner bought a new its a 7x4 box trailer with a little rust in it, plans are to make a trailer that will be either a camper trailer or something i can carry the camping gear in rather then loading up the back of the hilux so i need to lift it a little im going to change the hubs to 6 stud for 4wd tyres maybe a swing out tailgate for a kitchen thingy anyways after 18 months i did a little work today.

old height

so i decided to swap the axel over on the trailer and this is the height difference i got

after the axel swap

this is how it sits behind the lux at the moment with the axel swap and 15 inch road wheels

with the 4wd tyre sitting next to it

If you look in the centre at the bottom you can just see the bearing cap so it will lift the trailer up prob another inch when the right hubs are on

and the little clearance it has just sitting there but when the trailer lifts up to the centre of the wheel it does get better clearance

well thats it for now
imported_Taziiy

Postby imported_Phat Mav » Sun May 07, 2006 7:34 pm

Nice start mate, I have been thinking about doing the same thing myself.

Patrick
imported_Phat Mav

Postby imported_TOY80ST » Sun May 07, 2006 9:04 pm

Taz are you int the C'Town area?
I you need any design ideas give me a hoy.
Paul
imported_TOY80ST

Postby imported_Taziiy » Sun May 07, 2006 9:12 pm

TOY80ST wrote:Taz are you int the C'Town area?
I you need any design ideas give me a hoy.
Paul

Parramatta area actually but close enough
imported_Taziiy

Postby imported_TOY80ST » Sun May 07, 2006 9:14 pm

I grew up out around Camden (Werombi) it was just your home looks like C'Town area.
I may be down there on the WE coming if my Ebay Sale goes OK.(yes ebay again)
imported_TOY80ST

Postby imported_ford mav » Sun May 07, 2006 9:22 pm

Good to see u gettin started on something. Lookin forward to the buildup or it.

Frank
imported_ford mav

Postby imported_ChunkyCharcoal » Sun May 07, 2006 9:26 pm

Good onya Taz.
I've been wanting to see someone do exactly this project as I'm gunna do it "oneday".
It'll be interesting to watch as I've searched but never found a build up thread on this yet.
:D :D :D
imported_ChunkyCharcoal

Postby imported_MicknFi » Sun May 07, 2006 9:27 pm

Good stuff so far darren

Mick
imported_MicknFi

Postby imported_Taziiy » Sun May 07, 2006 9:33 pm

no probs toy8ost as i said earlier it will be a slow project
imported_Taziiy

Postby imported_nig » Sun May 07, 2006 9:55 pm

TOY80ST wrote:I grew up out around Camden (Werombi) it was just your home looks like C'Town area.

Small world eh - I went to Camden High :) left in 1972 though :D
imported_nig

Postby imported_TOY80ST » Sun May 07, 2006 9:58 pm

nig wrote:
TOY80ST wrote:I grew up out around Camden (Werombi) it was just your home looks like C'Town area.

Small world eh - I went to Camden High :) left in 1972 though :D

I was only born in 71.
imported_TOY80ST

Postby imported_Taziiy » Sun May 14, 2006 11:37 am

TOY80ST wrote:I may be down there on the WE coming if my Ebay Sale goes OK.(yes ebay again)

Did you have to mention ebay :lol: anyways here is a little up date

Found thes on that place mentioned above at what i thought was a real cheap price $50

they are are little different in shape to the old ones but they should do the job for me when the 4by tyres go on and the tyre in the pic was just used to hold the guard up in place

they are a little wider to wich is a good thing

and the whole reason im changing the guards is this

now the next part is to cut the old ones off and weld on the new but ill wait till i get the 6 stud hubs and have the 4by tyres on .
imported_Taziiy

Postby imported_TOY80ST » Sun May 14, 2006 1:24 pm

Speaking of things to buy on the place who's name shall now be forbidden by me to use in my reply's.
Check out this for a bargain.
Forbidden place.

regards Paul.
imported_TOY80ST

Postby imported_casper » Sun May 14, 2006 4:11 pm

This is a post I will be watching closely.

By the way, if you need a hand with anything, I'm great at holding a beer and I only live 35-40mins away. :P (Frenchs Forest)

I'm not really mechanically minded but I can "oh yeah" & "that's gunna be sweet" with the best of them. And my uncanny ability to remember pizza delivery numbers is a gift in any language. :lol: :lol:
imported_casper

Postby imported_Taziiy » Sun May 14, 2006 4:45 pm

TOY80ST wrote:Speaking of things to buy on the place who's name shall now be forbidden by me to use in my reply's.
Check out this for a bargain.
Forbidden place.

regards Paul.

Are you trying to get me killed its was bad enough getting the guards i put that on the account i think the dogs would have a new sleeping partner but yeah its looking like a bargin at the moment

casper wrote:This is a post I will be watching closely.

By the way, if you need a hand with anything, I'm great at holding a beer and I only live 35-40mins away. :P (Frenchs Forest)

I'm not really mechanically minded but I can "oh yeah" & "that's gunna be sweet" with the best of them. And my uncanny ability to remember pizza delivery numbers is a gift in any language. :lol: :lol:

Beer and pizza sounds good and thanks for the offer of help but it will be a while yet before any major work gets done on it
imported_Taziiy

Next

Return to Projects and Build ups