94 NJ Pajero Mod Help

Discuss the bitsa tech stuff here

94 NJ Pajero Mod Help

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:17 am

I've been reading through some of the NJ Pajero threads and noticing that the last posts in some of them are from a long time ago so hope you blokes don't mind me making a new one.

I've got an NJ Pajero, and have been looking at what modifications are going to be budget worthy, and have had people tell me often to wind the t/bars up on the 'Jero. Now I've got the mechanical ability of the Amish, so I'd like like to ask a few Q's.

The common way to get a 2" lift re the 'Jero seems to be throwing in some Patrol rear coils and winding the t/bars up - but my question is what model coils would I be looking for? GQ?

Also someone in another thread mentioned that the more you wind up the t/bars, you decrease 'droop travel', and that by winding them up I'll loose wheel travel.. can someone explain this to me? I've never heard these terms in my life :confused:

Thanks guys,

Josh.
Scarecrow
fire trailer

Postby slydar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:03 pm

on the Pajero 4wd Club of Victoris site (http://140.99.20.180/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7 you will find talk about this, and warnings against simply winding up the bars. some good reading on there, if you havent looked already
slydar

Postby LordMayhem » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:41 pm

GQ Patrol LWB stock standard rear coils will have a lift of around 3 inchs in the paj. mid 90's 4 runner rear shocks for lifted suspension (pin top mount eye bottom mount) will give alot of flex. loose the rear sway bar it does stuff all. and as for the front the four upper droop stops (on the top control arms) trim them at the molded line then do up the adjusting bolts at the back of the torsion bars to get the required lift. 2 inch is perfectly safe in all aspects. enjoy :)
LordMayhem
fire trailer

Return to Mitsubishi Section