'94 Pajero 4M40T engine swap - 1UZ-FE Lexus

Discuss the bitsa tech stuff here

'94 Pajero 4M40T engine swap - 1UZ-FE Lexus

Postby Ultimate » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi, I am about to swap my Pajero's 4M40T with a 1uz-fe Lexus V8i. Anybody out there who can give me some pointers? Any who has done it before? Any pics available?
Ultimate
fire trailer

Postby pajman » Tue May 17, 2011 3:17 pm

Ive been wanting to do this for a number of years.Then a great guy who supplies me parts gave me the scoop the other day ..............Lexus V8 powered cars use the same auto gearbox as Pajeros.He bought the V8 motor with box removed the box ,took off the lexus bell housing which bolts straight onto the Pajero then in went the motor!!!! obviously abit of work was needed for the ECU and mounts but Ive seen the result and its amazing. He did say you beed to use the Lexus pump I presume its because it designed for the V8 torque converter. I was sceptical at first then I googled the gearbox used in the Pajero and found in deed that it is a JAP Borg variety which was used for a number of V8 and 4wd applications. I will be doing this conversion in the next year or so.Also economy is fantastic which is a plus for me cos my diesel is thirsty as hell
pajman
fire trailer

Postby pajman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:54 pm

heres a great site that confirms what you can do to make your auto box fit the lexus V8 http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=107.0 some great stuff to read
pajman
fire trailer

Return to Mitsubishi Section